Friday, April 23, 2010

Miss Mae Loves: Love Birds


I have always had a special love for birds. Somehow, whenever I see a one in flight, it gives me a sense of peace. I even have a sparrow tattooed on my left hip and if you were to look inside my jewelry box you would find an assortment of bird necklaces and feather headbands.

Next to my beloved sparrow, my favorite bird would have to be the peacock. I think it's quite ironic that the male peacocks are always the most "attractive" and happen to have the brightest colored feathers. It's about time the boys did some of the work, wouldn't you agree? Peacock feathers will be the theme of my wedding this summer. The bridesmaids will be wearing various shades of purple and peacock feathers will serve as the centerpieces.

Peacocks have also become a huge fashion statement as of late. I adore House of Harlow's line of exquisite peacock inspired pieces this season and I am completely head over heels for this clutch from Etsy seller, Red Ruby Rose. The vibrant colors found in this fancy birds feathers have also influenced designers' color palettes for spring. You will be seeing a lot of deep purples, navy blues and metallic gold in everything from dresses to heels.

They may say "birds of a feather flock together", but I say the peacock is in a league all it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Mae loves you.
sophiemaestyle.com