Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's talk about sex . . .and the city.

The first time I laid eyes on Carrie Bradshaw she was typing at her Mac laptop wearing a silk scarf on her head, short shorts and a cigarette in hand. I didn't quite understand why she looked so amazing or why I suddenly felt the urge to purchase a Pucci scarf and take up smoking, but I knew her look perfectly personified New York City style.

From that episode on, I was hooked on Sex in the City. I became obsessed with Carrie's Manolo collection and the wildly chic outfits her three best friends would be wear each week. The fabulous foursome looked great together, but somehow their looks were always uniquely their own.

Miranda was the conservative lawyer who looked professionally put together in Lanvin sheath dresses and pointed pumps. Charlotte was the upstate socialite who looked perfect in pretty party dresses by Oscar de la Renta. Samantha was my personal favorite in sexy suits with a man on her arm as her stand-out accessory. And Carrie was the fearless fashion hero who mixed designer looks with vintage jewelry.

I can't wait to see "the girls" again this May when the Sex and the City 2 movie premires. It is sure to be a fashion sensory overload set in my favorite city in the world.

Are you a Carrie or a Miranda?

Sex & The CityFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore





Are you a Charlotte? Or perhaps a Samantha?

Sex and the City 2Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Mae loves you.
sophiemaestyle.com