Monday, September 7, 2009

White Out


There are a couple fashion rules I believe were meant to be broken. You my have heard the ever popular, "your shoes and handbag must always match!" or "don't mix prints!" or my personal favorite, "everyone is more sexy with a tan!" These style myths are simply ridiculous and should not be heeded by any modern woman. There is one more regulation women have followed before all others. "Never wear white after Labor Day". Is that your Grandmother's voice I hear?

So here's the truth, ladies, white can be worn all year long. White bags, white dresses, white dogs . . . white works. The trick is to look for unique textures and variations to ensure a fresh look. I love a bright silver cocktail dress any day and a stunning white handbag is always in style. So unleash your inner rebel and abandon all those silly fashion fables once and for all!

White Out

12 comments:

  1. White is beautiful all year round <3


    Re: Thank you, miss - that so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love your blog.
    like an on line fashion bible. hihihi.

    have a great day. ill be visiting again.

    http://denisekatipunera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking me, I've linked you too!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I love white and will not part will it post Labor Day.

    xx
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of style rules.. or dressing season specific.. I hate restrictions.. White is such a fabulous tone... I could never possible follow such a rule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps: thanks for your sweet comment too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fashion fables are OLD NEWS. who even had the authority to create them in the first place??

    to "never mix prints" i say PSHHHH, i live for it.
    to "tanning makes you hot" i say, and the chemo required from the resulting skin cancer is a BLAST

    oy.

    my personal favourite to break is the whole "you can't wear navy, black, and brown together...ever" WHO COMES UP WITH THIS BLASPHEMY?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree! Fashion is more fun without the rules. Also, it was lovely meeting you last Friday. My sister loves her Chanel shoes.

    -Jinny

    ReplyDelete

Miss Mae loves you.
sophiemaestyle.com