Tuesday, March 17, 2009

'Who are you? I really wanna know. . .'





I thought I'd let you know a little bit about me and why I'm here blogging about fashion.

1. My name is: Sophie Mae and I am a personal shopper and stylist/fashion writer based in California. To find out more about my services visit Sophie Mae Style.com.

2. Personal style: I would describe my personal style as classic with a twist. I love to pair timeless shapes with unexpected elements. I gravitate towards bold colors, feminine details, statement jewelry pieces, chunky heals, and oversize bags.

3. My favorite designers include: ChloeVena Cava3.1 Phillip LimLanvinMarniMiu MiuProevza SchoulerRick OwensStella McCartneyYSL, and Zac Posen.

4. Favorite places to shop: Barney'sNeiman MarcusRoadkill in Fullerton, Decades in LA, Forever21Fred SegalJ.CrewH&M, and Chloe.

5. Best magazines: I collect fashion magazines. I suppose that's how my love for fashion was born. I love VOGUEHarper's BazzareAllurePaper, and W. I could read them for hours and hours.

7. Fashion muses: Audrey HepburnKate Moss, and Charlotte Rampling.

8. Favorite fashion photographer: Helmut Newton and my sister, Emma Vincent.

9. Pieces I couldn't live without: Ballet flats, little black dresses, Joe's Jeans, and my Chloebag.

10. Must-have beauty products: My Origins skincare, NARS concealer in Vanilla, Lancome lipstick in Tempt Me, Chance by CHANEL perfume, SPF, and Dr. Weil Bedtime Face Cream.

11. How did I get into fashion? Ever since I was 13 I knew fashion was for me. Even as a young girl I knew what I wanted and I went out to get it. I loved writing so I started my own Sophie Mae Fashion and Beauty Newsletters which I sent to a list of subscribers each month. I then began working with Teen Vogue magazine and was one of the first Teen Vogue "IT Girls". From there I went to Origins Natural Resources because I have always been festinated with skincare and they simply offer the best. I worked for Barney's New York Co-Op for a year and learned a great deal about fashion and how the industry works. I now have my own personal shopping business, Sophie Mae Style. My future goal is to be a personal shopper/stylist full time. My passion is making people look incredible while keeping their unique personalities in tact. 

12. Random facts: I don't eat meat. I love black and white movies. My favorite TV show isWhat Not to Wear. I adore sleeping in (when I can!). I feel most relaxed in a bubble bath. I do yoga whenever possible. I have an addition to fashion magazines. I eat oatmeal at least once a day. I never use my last name. I love green tea. I love being pale. 


Photo credits: Emma Vincent

3 comments:

  1. Your career history is so cool! We love alot of the same things, it seems, embrace the paleness ;)

    I was wondering what you would recommend for wearing at an interview for a fashion college...I just feel like it needs to be too many things at once! Smart and presentable, on trend, fashion forward whilst being an accurate representation of myself and my style...
    I'd love to hear your insight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!

    We do have alot in common, so fun!

    For a fashion college interview it is very important to be comfortable in what your wearing. I know it's sounds obvious, but you really don't want to be adjusting your skirt or pulling on your top the whole time! You have great style already and they will want to see that. With that in mind, I would recommend keeping the outfit itself fairly simple and making the accessories the main event.

    One HUGE mistake people make on interviews is what I call "messy" dressing. In other words, they throw on every "fashionable" piece of clothing that they own and end up looking like fashion victims. The school will want to see you first than your clothes.

    Hope this was helpful!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much so, thank you darling!

    You are divine :)

    ReplyDelete

Miss Mae loves you.
sophiemaestyle.com