I thought I'd let you know a little bit about me and why I'm here blogging about fashion.
1. My name is: Sophie Mae and I am a personal shopper and stylist/fashion writer based in California. To find out more about my services visit Sophie Mae Style.com.
2. Personal style: I would describe my personal style as classic with a twist. I love to pair timeless shapes with unexpected elements. I gravitate towards bold colors, feminine details, statement jewelry pieces, chunky heals, and oversize bags.
3. My favorite designers include: Chloe, Vena Cava, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Lanvin, Marni, Miu Miu, Proevza Schouler, Rick Owens, Stella McCartney, YSL, and Zac Posen.
4. Favorite places to shop: Barney's, Neiman Marcus, Roadkill in Fullerton, Decades in LA, Forever21, Fred Segal, J.Crew, H&M, and Chloe.
5. Best magazines: I collect fashion magazines. I suppose that's how my love for fashion was born. I love VOGUE, Harper's Bazzare, Allure, Paper, and W. I could read them for hours and hours.
7. Fashion muses: Audrey Hepburn, Kate Moss, and Charlotte Rampling.
8. Favorite fashion photographer: Helmut Newton and my sister, Emma Vincent.
9. Pieces I couldn't live without: Ballet flats, little black dresses, Joe's Jeans, and my Chloebag.
10. Must-have beauty products: My Origins skincare, NARS concealer in Vanilla, Lancome lipstick in Tempt Me, Chance by CHANEL perfume, SPF, and Dr. Weil Bedtime Face Cream.
11. How did I get into fashion? Ever since I was 13 I knew fashion was for me. Even as a young girl I knew what I wanted and I went out to get it. I loved writing so I started my own Sophie Mae Fashion and Beauty Newsletters which I sent to a list of subscribers each month. I then began working with Teen Vogue magazine and was one of the first Teen Vogue "IT Girls". From there I went to Origins Natural Resources because I have always been festinated with skincare and they simply offer the best. I worked for Barney's New York Co-Op for a year and learned a great deal about fashion and how the industry works. I now have my own personal shopping business, Sophie Mae Style. My future goal is to be a personal shopper/stylist full time. My passion is making people look incredible while keeping their unique personalities in tact.
12. Random facts: I don't eat meat. I love black and white movies. My favorite TV show isWhat Not to Wear. I adore sleeping in (when I can!). I feel most relaxed in a bubble bath. I do yoga whenever possible. I have an addition to fashion magazines. I eat oatmeal at least once a day. I never use my last name. I love green tea. I love being pale.
Photo credits: Emma Vincent